Sirloin Steak with Salsa Verde and Spicy Sweet Potato & Tomato Salad
Mouth watering sirloin steak with juicy pump cherry tomatoes complimented with the sweet indulgence of perfectly cooked sweet potatoes and cut through with the sharpness of vinegar and spicy horseradish mustard, all brought together in one dish creating a battlefield of flavours on your palate.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 x Sirloin Steak
- 1 x Sweet Potato
- 1 tsp Chermoula Spice
- 1 tbsp Cider & Horseradish Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 x Bunch of Mint
- 1 x Bunch of Flat Leaf Parsley
- 15 g Capers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 x Punnet Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 160 g Baby Spinach
1) Preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Chop the sweet potato into 2cm chunks (no need to peel!). Pop on a lined baking tray and drizzle on a splash of oil. Season with salt and the chermoula spice mix. Toss, then place on the top shelf of your oven. Roast until soft and golden, 20-25 mins. Turn halfway through cooking.
2) Pick the mint leaves from their stalks and finely chop (discard the stalks). Pop into a small bowl with the cider and horseradish mustard. Finely chop the parsley and capers. Add these into the bowl along with the olive oil (amount specified in the ingredient list) and a squeeze of lemon juice. Mix together then keep to one side.
3) Cut the cherry tomatoes in half through the equator and pop into a large bowl. Season with a generous pinch of salt then drizzle over the balsamic vinegar. Leave to one side. TIP: The salt will extract the juice from the tomatoes and make a lovely dressing for the salad.
4) Heat a frying pan over high heat. Drizzle a splash of oil over the steaks and season with salt and black pepper. Rub the seasoning into the meat. When the pan is hot, carefully add the steaks. If you like your steak medium-rare like us, cook for 4 mins on each side. If you like it medium, add 2 mins cooking on each side. Once cooked, rest them on a chopping board for maximum juiciness!
5) As the steaks rest, wash the frying pan, then place it on medium heat with a splash of oil. Add the baby spinach. Cook until it just begins to wilt, 1-2 mins. Season with salt and black pepper and get ready to serve.
6) Share the spinach out between your plates. Mix the sweet potato with the cherry tomatoes and artistically arrange alongside the spinach. Slice each steak into six pieces and place on top of the spinach. Spoon the salsa verde across the steak and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 573 kcal