Chili, Lime and Prawn Linguine Salad
The combination of the spice from the chili and the citrus juices of lime compliment the juicy texture and fresh taste of quality protein rich prawns, combined with the hearty earth tones of the linguine, and fresh and spicy dressing transforms these simple ingredients into a taste sensation. This truly is delicious for any dinner party or to take on a sunny day picnic.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 200g linguine pasta
- 200g cooked, peeled prawns
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 150g bag crunchy salad leaves
- For the dressing:
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- Pinch of caster sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
1) Cook the pasta in boiling water for 8–10 minutes according to packet instructions or until al dente.
2) Drain in a colander, then rinse in cold water until just cold and drain again.
3) Place the prawns, tomatoes, onion and coriander in a large bowl.
4) Whisk all the dressing ingredients together, season to taste, and pour over the vegetables in the bowl.
5) Drain the pasta, add to the bowl along with the salad leaves.
6) Toss well and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories: 564 kcal